Reference: Genesis - Revelation
Conditionalities are requirements or stipulations or prerequisite. The Bible is full of God's promises to carry us through out life with conditions attached to them, that is, these promises are realised only when the conditionalities are fulfilled by the believer. Promises are declarations that something(s) will be or will not be done. These promises run through the Bible from the book of Genesis through to the book of Revelation; there are about one thousand and six hundreds of them.
Our God is faithful to his word, covenant and promises. His promises stand for ever and He honours them. However fulfilment of these promises is purely anchored on obedience to their conditions.
Let us consider some of these conditionalites in the scripture.
The Bible says, "If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands that I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God."
A. Some blessings are attached to obedience as seen in Deut 28:1-13
- You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
- The fruit of your womb will be blessed and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock -the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks will be blessed.
- Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed.
- You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.
- The Lord will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you.
- They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven.
- The Lord will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to.
- The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.
- The Lord will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you an oath.
- The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity-in the fruit of your womb.
- The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands.
- The Lord will make you the head, not the tail.
- You will always be at the top never at the tail.
Brethren, how great and wonderful will it be to be obedient and keep the Lord's commands.
B. Exodus 20:12 says, "Honour your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you."
C. Pro 3:9-10 says, "Honour the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine."
D. Isa1:19 say, "If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land."
E. Mal 3:10-11 says, "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it."
F. Matt 6:14-15 say, "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
G. 2 Chro 7:14 says, "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." That is if you want God to hear you, forgive your sin and heal your land, all you need do is to humble yourself before him, pray to him, seek his face and turn from your wicked ways.
H. Lk 6:38 says, "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured to you." That is you will be given if only you give and the measure you use, will be used for you.
I. John15:7 says, "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."
J. Jn 3:16 say "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." That is if you do not want to perish and you want to have eternal life, believe in Jesus Christ, the one and only one son of the Most High God.
Brethren, this sermon has taken you through some of the conditional promises of God and you should not take these promises for granted. For you to enjoy these promises, fulfill the conditions attached to them. Our God is faithful, gracious, merciful and just. His promises stand for ever and as you fulfill the condition you will enjoy the promise.
Prayer. Heavenly Father, thank you so much for making your promises available to me through your son Jesus Christ. No matter how many of them I want to claim, I am not limited. Father, grant me the grace to be able to fulfil the conditions attached so that these promises can come to reality in my life in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.