Mission

Mission: To connect every burdened soul to the Lord by the power of the Word and anointed prayers for self transformation and actualisation of divine blessings.

Vision

Vision: A transformed society of believers, basking continually in the glory of Christ Jesus.

Monday 28 February 2011

Your Past

Text: Isa 1:18, 2 Cor 5:17, Phil 3:13

Past can simply be the period of time that has elapsed. Your past means things you have done, events that have elapsed, things of old.

2 Cor 5:17 says "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old has gone, the new has come". You can only use the past to improve on the future, so that you do not repeat the same mistake of the past. And if the past was good and honourable, you should move forward.

Phil 3:13 says "But one thing I do forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead". Forgetting is moving out of the past and straining ahead is thinking of the future.

Isa 1:18, God says 'Come now and let us reason together, saith the Lord, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red as crimson, they shall be as wool". God wants to forgive you and blot your sins. No matter how long you have remained in the state, take a step of repentance and return to the Lord. He will forgive and restore you.

To continue bemoaning your past after you have confessed and repented is self abuse. The devil will keep reminding you of the past because he does not want you saved. Do not allow the devil to rob you of your joy and even salvation. Isa 43:25 says, "I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake and remember your sins no more".

It is not when and how you start but what matters is how well you end. May you end well in Jesus Name. Amen. Repentance will break you away from your past and bring about new beginning.

Let us consider those who have moved forward by forgetting the past.

Daniel 4
King Nebuchadnezzar's accomplishments made him to be so proud that he took over God's glory and the people of the world thought he was too mighty. In Daniel 4:31, a voice came from heaven, "This is what is decreed for you; Your royal authority has been taken from you. You will be driven away from people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like cattle". In v33 - 34, "Immediately he was driven away from people and ate grass like cattle. I, Nebuchadnezzar raised my eyes towards heaven and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High. I honoured and glorified Him who lives forever".

God detests the proud. You may be dishonoured for it. But you can be restored if you humble yourself and repent. Nebuchadnezzar's throne was restored and became even greater than before.

Jonah 1-4
God sent Jonah to Nineveh to preach the message of salvation but he ran away from God. He was troubled and tormented for it. God allowed a fish to swallow him and he was inside the fish for three days and three nights. He cried to the Lord while inside the fish. Jonah 2:1, "In my distress I called to the Lord and He answered me". In v4, "I said I have been banished from your sight, yet I will look again towards your holy temple". In v7, "When my life was ebbing away, I remember you, Lord". In v9a, "What I have vowed I will make good, salvation comes from the Lord". When Jonah repented, God sent His word to him the second time to go to Nineveh to proclaim the message He sent him. Even while inside the fish, God saved Jonah.

The Lord is so much concerned about your safety He will always give you an opportunity to repent and give another chance.

Luke 15:11-24
The prodigal son was the younger son and he arrogantly and rebelliously asked for his own inheritance, and his father gave him. He distanced himself from his father. He was vulnerable and squandered everything but came back home when he came to his senses. With all that he did, his father ran to meet him and was eager to receive him. The same way this father acted is the same way God is eager to receive and reconcile with you and restore you.

God's love is constant, patient and welcoming.

Luke 19
Zacchaeus was a tax collector. He made himself rich by milking his fellow Jews. He was regarded a cheat and a sinner. He made confession and amendment through repentance. In v8, "But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord; look, Lord, here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I shall pay back four times the amount". Because of this Jesus said in v9, "Today, salvation has come to this house".

Are you lost out too? Return to the Lord. Do not allow your past to hunt you or torment you. You shall be forgiven and restored, if only you can repent.

Prayer:
O Lord, I know salvation comes from you and I do not want to miss it. I confess my sins and I have come with a repentant heart to you, blot away my iniquities no matter what my past is. Cleanse me O Lord of all my iniquities, heal all my wounds and let me be a partaker of your kingdom in Jesus name I pray. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment